Friday, October 7, 2011

TechCrunch for app developers

I have been contemplating creating a blog portal for app developers. Of the many topics TechCrunch covers, I do not see enough coverage for small app developers who are trying to survive. It has become a place for either successful startups with deep pockets or enterpreners with connections with writers.

This problem is very evident and was acknowledged by TechCrunch themselves sometime back. I guess it is just simple supply and demand problem. There is also another angle to this. There are just too many different types of startup currently popping up (read bubble), that the need for a dedicated site which writes and promotes mobile app developers is paramount.

I have been talking to a couple of industry leaders in the mobile area, and there seems to be an agreement that a dedicated blog to promote mobile app developers which is curated and promotes self financed app developers is desperately needed.

I am still discussing the concept with many fellow enterpreneurs and lets see where it goes. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment