Saturday, October 8, 2011

iGoogle kind of app for iPad - WakeUpBuddy

I have been dreaming about building an iGoogle kind of application for multiple years now. I initially planned to do it on desktops, but could never get myself to do it. Jarvis in Iron Man did inspire me a lot, and after that I decided to change focus on iPhone app. I finally settled on iPad.

I have decided to try and build it this time around. But I am going to take a slow approach. Building a complex AI system which can learn users behavior and be a true semantic app is couple of years away. What I want to do with WakeUpBuddy app is take a first step towards that. There is currently no app which truly owns the first 30 mins after you wake up and last 30 mins before you sleep. If the workflow in those 30 mins, can be enveloped in an app, it will not only create immense value for the user, but the developer gains to capture the maximum value.

Think about an app which truly knows, when you sleep, what you read and truly provides you all the utility you will need when you wake to get your day started right? It has amazing potential. Ofcourse what I am building at faqden labs is a very simple MVP (minimum viable product), or a minimum viable experiment towards it. Wish me luck :). Below are the few screen shots of the backgrounds, our designer has started creating.







No comments:

Post a Comment