Thursday, December 30, 2010

Done with Fall 2010 Semester

I am finally done with my Fall semester. More than half of the semester(10 weeks), I was in India, taking the course part-time while working full time for Sourcebits. It was hard, but the experience and opportunity of working at Sourcebits(Sourcebits-rated as the #34 fastest growing start-up in the world) was well worth it. The link to live classes is terrible from India. I would not recommend anyone taking the courses remotely from India. The connection kept dropping every few minutes. I had to drop many courses I would have loved to take. 

The final course list included ESD.34 - System Architecture, ESD.933 - Innovation in Service economy, ESD-911 - Independent study on Enterprise Mobile Strategy, ESD.THG - Thesis on Business and Technology strategy for mobile platforms. I returned back to campus at the end of Oct to start making up for the classes and was able to successfully complete the semester with full grades.

I appreciate people who manage full-time job while doing the degree at MIT. It is hard and my experience in Fall semester has earned them new found respect. It needs too much dedication and focus to juggle both. MIT classes are not easy and truly to get something from each class, you need to at least spend 4 hrs per week per class. If given a choice full-time is recommended option not only from the perspective of convenience, but also the richer experience of MIT as a whole. There is just so much energy out here, that you simply cannot appreciate or take advantage from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment